For ILAE Bursaries please visit our abstract submission platform to submit an abstract and complete your bursary application. The ILAE Bursary application deadline has been extended in line with the abstract submission. Extended deadline is the 3rd of March 2017.
For IBE Bursaries please download the IBE Bursary Application Form and email your completed application, copy of your passport and a signed reference letter from a person supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the extended deadline of March 3rd 2017.
For any queries in relation to your bursary application for the 32nd IEC, please email email@example.com.
Bursary applicants will be notified mid/late April 2017 of the outcome of their application.
In an effort to further encourage young investigators to participate in the 32nd International Epilepsy Congress, bursaries will be awarded to a number of young applicants to assist with registration, and / or travel and / or accommodation expenses.
- Bursary applications will only be considered for those under 45 years of age.
How do I apply for an IBE bursary?
IBE bursaries application form is available here for download: IBE Bursary Application Form
Please fill out the application form and return it, including the supporting documentation required to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3rd March 2017.
How do I apply for an ILAE bursary?
For those applying for an ILAE bursary you must submit an abstract to the 32nd IEC.
In the abstract submission process there will be an option to apply for an ILAE bursary.
The abstract submission system is now open.
General ILAE/IBE bursary submission rules:
- Only ILAE bursary applications submitted using the online system will be considered. IBE bursaries must be sent via email.
- All fields of the on-line bursary form must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
- You must be under 45 years of age.
- You must upload a copy of your Passport showing your full name and your date of birth.
- You must not have received a bursary to participate in an ILAE and/or IBE congress over the past 4 years.
- You are required to submit a short statement explaining why attendance at the 32nd IEC would be particularly relevant to your present appointment/activity in the field of epilepsy, as well as outlining the reason(s) you feel your application should be considered and indicate the reason why you require funding to attend the 32nd IEC.
- You must declare if you have any other funding to attend the 32nd IEC and disclose what it is.
- You must upload a signed reference from a person supporting your application (e.g. local ILAE Chapter representative, local IBE Member President or General Secretary, Head of Department of hospital or institution, etc.) and the first author of the abstract.
- Please note: Authors submitting abstracts supported by industry or authors who have been offered travel assistance from any third party will not be considered for a bursary
- If you have questions regarding the bursary application process or in the unlikely event that you experience problems uploading your reference documents, please contact: email@example.com.